We are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together.
Dcard is a social media platform service devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the youth generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 18 million unique visitors per month, making a substantial influence and achieving high penetration amongst the youth in Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here.
As a strong and emerging international company, we are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together. across the globe. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we are now expanding our scale to Hong Kong, Japan, and the APAC & LATAM market.
As a Senior Frontend Developer at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with brilliant designers, product managers and developers to build products that matter and create tools that accelerate growth. Join our team of talented developers to build the social network of the next generation. We code in a fresh monolithic repository and ship code every few hours, and most importantly, we're never afraid of trying new and bold approaches to conquer challenges.
If you are ready to spark in your career, join us in creating the experience that connects people all around the world!
About our Frontend Team
- You’ll be in a team with 10+ frontend developers and 2+ architects, where you’ll be focusing on frontend development.
- You’ll also join a cross-functional team (which is called delivery team in Dcard), working closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to develop either social media, e-commerce, advertising and global products.
- We have frontend meetings once a week, and study sessions every two weeks. Also, we have seminars for different engineering topics once a month, topics can differ from frontend, backend, mobile, machine learning..etc.
Our Tech Stack
- We mainly use Typescript, React, Next.js, and Redux, which are up to date, and GraphQL in the future.
- We integrate and develop all the internal and external websites with the use of yarn-based monorepo 👉 https://medium.com/dcardlab/3354ff78a0cf (written in Chinese)
- We use the WYSIWYG Editor made by ourselves since few editors support Chinese input well. 👉 https://medium.com/dcardlab/cdd0e65ed178 (written in Chinese)
- You’ll seek the best implementation of each component with a balance between design, experience and efficiency.
- You’ll optimize Web Vitals of the overall website having multi-language and multi-region in mind.
- You’ll focus on optimizing developer experience and framework by evaluating and introducing new tech stacks if needed.
- GitHub flow
- One mentor & one co-mentor for every new member
- Your PR needs to be reviewed before you merge. After each PR is created, CI will automatically create the testing environment for PR (including staging, production, storybook…)
- Release 3-4 times per day on average, but not on Fridays
- We set a “Release” button on Slack.
- We designed our internal meal order system and massage order system by ourselves and launched in the team.
In this role, you will
- Design and develop compelling and performant web applications that deliver diverse content worldwide.
- Architect stable, maintainable and reusable front-end systems with clean, modular patterns.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Continuously track, learn and apply the latest industry best practices, design patterns, tools and technologies.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of strong web development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software, with frequent production releases.
- Expertise with React, Redux, ES6 and Typescript.
- An Open-minded and passionate team player who is into proactively learning.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Familiar with UI/UX
- Experience with large-scale web application performance optimization.
- Understand search engine ranking factors.
- Deep knowledge of best practices, information security, and API developing experience.
- Portfolio of latest projects.
Our Recruiting Process
All processes are expected to be completed within 2-4 weeks, we’ll adjust our hiring process due to different circumstances:
Online Interview - You’ll have a one-hour online interview with our Frontend team members, mostly about past projects and coding questions.
Take Home Test - You’ll receive a take-home test, as we expect you to finish the test within 1-2 weeks.
1st Interview - You’ll have a 30-minute session with one of the Talent Operations Partners (HR), where we would want to get to know more about your experience and background, what you’re passionate about..etc. Also, you’ll have a coding interview with the Frontend team members and leader.
2nd Interview - You’ll have a 30-minute interview with our CEO and another 30-minute interview with our Talent Operations Manager (HR Manager).
- 學習基金 ：講座、研討會與購書補助，時時刻刻和 Dcard 一起學習成長。
- 員工活動 ：節慶派對、午餐日、水果日、尾牙、運動團課、員工旅遊，我們重視每個相聚的時光。
► 我們相信，你也會愛上 Dcard 的 5 個理由
Dcard 的成員中，有 Github 上 破兩萬 stars 的大大，還有各種體重調節師、貓咪馴獸師與啦啦隊長！我們年輕但有熱情，希望打造一個好玩有趣，充滿實驗精神的工作環境。
在 Dcard，你的設計與開發，會被百萬人喜愛與使用。我們打造的不只是一款 app，而是影響未來世代交流，思考甚至累積知識的社群平台。
我們相信，一個偉大的專案與產品功能背後，需要各種意見和想法。透過團隊成員的討論與修正，互相激盪火花，你能了解設計師的堅持、行銷團隊的策略、程式前後端的搭配藝術，進而創造更多令人驚艷的 Dcard experience !
NT$ 1,000,000 - 1,600,000 (年薪)