We are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together.
Dcard is a social media platform devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the younger generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 20 million unique visitors per month. We have substantial influence and high penetration amongst the youth of Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here.
As a strong and emerging international company, we are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together. We continue to make impactful influence in the social media, advertising and e-commerce fields. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we are now expanding to Hong Kong, Japan, and international markets.
If you are ready to take the leap, join us in creating an extraordinary service!
About our Backend Team
As a Backend Developer at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with brilliant designers, product managers and developers to build social products that will help Dcard users connect hearts. We use various tools to continuously deliver new ideas and implementations into production, and most importantly, we're enthusiastic about using new and bold approaches to conquer challenges.
- Tech Stack
- Mainly use Go and Node.js.
- Applying microservices architecture with Kubernetes on GCP.
- Using various databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, ScyllaDB, Redis, etc., according to different requirements.
- Go service architecture is mainly based on Go Kit architecture, with in-house developed codegen tools and gRPC as the main communication framework.
- Using CircleCI for CI/CD, system testing and deployment more secure and stable.
- About Our Team
- 20+ backend developers.
- Weekly meetings to discuss issues, tech stack & tools.
- Bi-weekly study group to learn new tech stack.
- Monthly engineering seminar.
- Regular system design review.
What You'll Do
- Fully understand the features and framework of our product.
- Handle high traffic issues and provide a smooth and stable user experience, including infrastructure & database setup and optimization, cache mechanism, data migration, etc
- Explore and introduce new tech stack(s) in line with our needs, and leave ample time for developers to conduct evaluations.
- Implement and optimize shared libraries and development tools.
- Develop readable and maintainable code in line with requirements.
- Participate in various learning discussions within the group, such as weekly meetings, study groups and design review meetings, etc.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience in using GCP, AWS, Azure
- Familiar with MongoDB
- Familiar with Redis
- Familiar with Node.js
- Familiar with k8s
- Familiar with CI/CD pipeline
- Familiar with database performance tuning
- Willing to participate in an open-source community
- NTD 1,000,000 ~ 1,600,000 / year
Our Recruiting Process
All processes are expected to be completed within 2-4 weeks, our hiring process is subject to adjustment based on individual circumstances:
Online Interview - You’ll have an online interview with our Backend team members, mostly about past projects and coding questions.
Take Home Test - You’ll receive a take-home test, as we expect you to finish the test within 1-2 weeks.
1st Interview - You’ll have a 30-minute session with one of the HR member, where we would want to get to know more about your experience and background, what you’re passionate about..etc. Also, you’ll have a coding interview with the Backend team members.
2nd Interview - You’ll meet our CEO, HR manager, Engineering Director and the product delivery team member.
彈性的 Remote Work，夥伴可以自主安排工作的時間與地點，更多的彈性，創造不同的可能性！
水果日 、手搖杯日、個人按摩、各類運動課程、專屬的 Dcard Buddy Program 等，和夥伴一起享受 Dcard 生活！
我們從夥伴們的需求出發培育夥伴，提供無上限學習資源（書籍、講座、課程補助），夥伴可以直接提出需求，並在 24 小時內即可取得。
不定期和企業顧問合作、舉辦講師內訓，提供國內外 Conference 補助，如 WWDC、Google I/O ⋯，且邀請業界高手來到 Dcard 分享，不定期拜訪其他公司互相交流。我們鼓勵各部門舉辦讀書會、每月舉辦一次 Developer Session，不定期舉辦不同主題的工作坊等。