- Lead the development of computer vision and machine learning algorithms and applications
- Estimate scope, duration, effort and risk on project proposals
- Lead more junior members of the team in research activities
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations, prototypes and demos to fine-tune technologies to practical, state-of-the-art systems
- Perform experiments and evaluations to quantify and validate improvements made to existing systems
- Use status as a knowledge leader to provide technical leadership to a given program
- Initiate cross-company collaboration and develop positive relationships with other engineering disciplines
- Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interact with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organisational lines. Represent the organisation as the principal customer contact and often perform project leadership
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks, model architecture design, training methodologies, and data management.
- Experience with digital camera systems (sensors and ISPs).
- Knowledge of cloud-based and GPU heterogeneous compute platforms.
- Agile development with Git, Bitbucket, pull requests, etc.
- A getting-it-done attitude with a desire to both push the boundary of fundamental knowledge and turn it into great products.
- A Ph.D , M.Sc. or B.Sc in machine learning or a quantitative field and at least 1 year of industrial R&D experience.
- Experience of scientific programming and libraries relevant to your field, for example: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe, OpenCV, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages, for example Python, C++
- Experience working in a diverse and international team.
- Startup-like working environment
- Non-startup-like salary
- Flexible hours and open-minded company culture