About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Netskope Admin Console provides our customers with a single unified view into the Netskope Platform, allowing them to fully utilize the rich set of cloud security features Netskope provides.
What’s in it for you
As an SDET on the UI engineering team you will collaborate with backend service teams to ensure the overall quality, reliability, scalability and performance of the user interface for Netskope products. You will work on both the frontend as well as the web application backend, working closely with our backend teams on Machine Learning, Threat, DLP, IaaS, API’s and other cool technologies. Depending upon the role you are hired for, you may also work on the Netskope REST API Gateway which exposes our REST API’s to customers.
What you will be doing
- Developing and executing software test plans in order to identify software problems and root causes.
- Defining what tests should be automated and automating them.
- Developing automation scripts in parallel to feature development to enable CI/CD.
- Designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures, and defining acceptance criteria.
- Continuing to develop and optimize test procedures for improving test plan execution efficiency.
- Leading effort to integrate new tools and technologies for existing regression testing and helping drive us to a fully automated testing environment.
- Working with teams to set up testing processes, patterns and standards, and being the voice of quality.
- Developing and overseeing the processes, toolsets, and staging environments necessary to support our testing strategy.
- Working with development teams and product owners to debug and troubleshoot issues throughout the test cycle.
- Openly collaborating with team members and keeping the development team abreast of progress, roadblocks, and issues.
- Developing, analyzing and reporting on critical product quality metrics.
- Understanding major browser technologies to ensure that the Netskope web interface works seamlessly across all browsers.
- Staying updated in cloud UI trends to validate our procedures, programming and documentation.
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of 5-10 years of hands-on testing experience including automation.
- Solid experience in Web User Interface testing.
- Experience testing rest api services.
- Expertise in writing test automation for Web UI testing. eg: Selenium
- Experience building automation frameworks.
- Good knowledge of web applications stacks and the http protocols suite.
- Excellent test planning and execution skills.
- Proficiency in Typescript and Python.
- Familiarity with web data formats like JSON, MIME,XML, HTML
- Experience with CI/CD using tools like Drone, Jenkins, Hudson, or any other CI systems.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Bonus points for
- Experience writing test automation for Angular framework based web applications.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- A good understanding of security products like SWG, Web proxies or cloud security solutions.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred