Software Engineer, Security Engineering Team
Mozilla exists to build an Internet that is open, accessible, and safe for all users. We, as the Security Engineering team, encourage and promote these values to build security and user sovereignty into Firefox, and we are looking for a Software Engineer just like you that will do the same.
We focus hard on ways to improve the privacy and security of all web users, in a Mozilla way that engages the community in our design and implementation decisions. These priorities are reflected in the projects this team leads, public evangelism and participation in relevant standards bodies to maximize adoption of new privacy and security mechanisms.
The open web is powerful; the huge number of people working on web standards and software is astonishing, and the rapid advancement of new businesses and technologies online magnifies the need for advances in mechanisms that enable secure systems and users' control over their presence online.
The Role As an Engineer in Security Engineering Team at Mozilla,
- You design, implement, maintain and debug privacy and security features of Firefox
- You build key components to secure software, networking, web content, or user experience
- You are responsible for web and browser security projects, such as Content Security, Safe Browsing, Tracking Protection, Sandboxing, etc.
- You collaborate with a global and geographically distributed development team
- You collaborate with open source projects outside Mozilla, such as the Tor Project
Mozilla is a thriving global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working collaboratively and openly to keep the Internet alive and accessible for all. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join our team today and together we’ll make a better Web for tomorrow.