About the Data Engineering Team
Migo’s Data Engineering Team helps build and use the data tools that inform our most important and most complex decisions related to our product, marketing, sales, and operations strategies.
【 What will you do?】
1. Build and use the analytical tools needed to deal with massive data sets to uncover important business insights
2. Lead the end-to-end development of data products such as recommendation systems, data warehouses, business intelligence dashboards, and machine learning models
3. Interpret Migo’s operational data to identify high-customer-impact problems, propose solutions, and test hypotheses in an iterative cycle
4. Train rigorously to develop excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills driven by data and extensive research
5. Collaborate daily on our product and business strategy with teams across the organization, including Migo’s Operations, Marketing, User Experience Design, R&D Engineering, and Software Development teams
6. Develop a global perspective on innovation, build your expertise across various industries, and build a three-dimensional understanding of the current and future emerging market context
【 Who are we looking for? 】
1. 2-5 years’ full-time working experience, with a Master's degree in one of the following fields: Machine Learning, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or Quantitative Finance
2. Proficient in discrete multivariate stochastic process, statistical inference and analysis
3. Experience using a data-driven approach in at least one of the following fields: marketing, sales, media, gaming, studio production, or user experience design
4. Comfortable using computer programming languages and data warehousing tools to define and build statistical models for identification, estimation, and prediction
5. Can translate user requirements into a functional model that generates actionable insights
6. Can interpret predictive models with precision and perspective to develop business insights
1. Proficient in practical machine learning algorithms, such as recommendation systems, pattern recognition, computer vision, etc.
2. Practical/academic experience in machine learning, digital signal processing, or complex statistical/stochastic modeling
3. Practical experience in at least one of following programming languages: SQL, Python, R, Matlab, Mathematica
【 You’ll be a good fit here if you…】
1. Yearn to devote your days to meaningful work, and to positively impact the world
2. Have a relentless inner drive to learn and understand
3. Regularly seek out new ideas and new challenges
4. Demonstrate resilience, recovering quickly from difficulties
5. Have a keen imagination and a mind for solving complex problems
6. Are comfortable with frequent regional travel (approximately 20%)
Location: Taipei, Taiwan (20% travel, regional)
We care about helping Imagineers stay happy, healthy, and fulfilled, so we can all maximize our potential. That includes generous health and labor insurance, company issues hardware, flexible vacation leaves, and regular opportunities to have fun and celebrate.
Our Number One Benefit
The number one benefit at Migo is the limitless opportunity for growth we give each Imagineer.
Imagineers at Migo are working on a first-in-the-world service and technology that is big enough to change the lives of billions of underserved people in the world.
We have a structured approach to development that will help Imagineers grow beyond their perceived limitations. We are committed to providing the resources our Imagineers need to be at their best, not just in Taiwan, but globally.