We are looking for someone who can provide support on getting access to suitable legal services for Greenpeace East Asia and provides practical advice on common day-to-day compliance issues.
Do you want to work with a great team to use your legal expertise to a more sustainable world? Do you want to do legal research, risk assessment and case management to help our program achieve the campaign goal with a strong legitimacy position? Do you want to help the organisation to uphold good governance by reviewing contracts and legal documents and ensuring compliance?
Please join us!
Purpose and the scope of the job:
The Legal Coordinator provides support on getting access to suitable legal services for Greenpeace East Asia and provides practical advice on common day-to-day compliance issues for GPEA. The Legal Coordinator also provides legal support to the campaign teams as instructed by the Legal Unit Head. The position reports to Legal Unit Head.
- Legal Research and Legal Filing Work: Conduct legal research, legal analysis and legal writing tasks assigned by Legal Unit Head; Handle the work of legal documents filing, keep and monitor legal volumes.
- Legal Cases Management: Keep track of legal cases in which Greenpeace Foundation is a stakeholder through local lawyers in order to keep records up to date. Ensure that the communication between Greenpeace and the local lawyers is smooth and efficient. Ensure to provide prompt and efficient legal support to decision makers and management team for making informed decisions in the organization.
- Review on Contracts and other Legal Documents: provide professional advice on contract and other legal documents to protect the interest of the organization, or delegate such work to external lawyer and monitor the quality of work.
- Preparing Legal Risk Assessments: Ensure proposals for organizational activities and local legal advice are received in time; complete summaries of legal advice in order to enable the relevant staff to conduct risk assessments.
- Compliance Work: assist Legal Unit Head to handle the legal inquiries and compliance issue from organizational support department and various teams, including but not limited to intellectual property issues, tax and finance law issue, labour law issue, legal disputes settlement, and litigation management.
- Communication: Act as a contact for legal inquiries from Greenpeace Foundation; Coordinate the legal work among Greenpeace East Asia Regional offices and support regional legal work concerning the laws and regulations; draft (non-complex) correspondence with third parties; maintain the internal website and campaign legal toolkit site in order to provide consistent and accurate legal information to those who need it.
- Knowledge management: Develop and manage information on all jurisprudence favourable to Greenpeace as well as pro-active litigation conducted by Greenpeace or others; maintain contracts database keep track of (external) legal conferences and training opportunities for relevant Greenpeace Foundation staff.
Skill and expertise required:
- Legal writing skills;
- Legal research and legal analytical skills;
- Ability to synthesise legal issues and to communicate with targeted audience;
- Proficiency in legal english;
Preferred Candidate Profile:
Hold Bachelor Degree of Law; master degree of law is an advantage.
Passing bar exam is an advantage.
Occasional travel is required.
+ 員工發展計畫/ 不定期各類國際及區域性訓練、工作坊
+ 服務滿一年享有 15 天年假，未滿一年按比例
+ 一個月2 - 4天有薪病假